Right now, many of us feel divided in many different ways. In heated disagreements there are common themes: passion, beliefs, and some level of concern or fear. The fear might be a fear of circumstances changing – or staying the same. When we recognize others may be feeling fearful as well, we are more likely to respond with compassion and a desire to understand.
Things to consider:
- Create a support system, meaning a network of people with whom you feel safe, can be your authentic self, and can openly converse.
- Don’t let fear get the best of you. Before you become distressed about the potential implications of current decisions, go to your trusted sources for a reality check.
- Step away from the news and seek connection and moments of joy.
- If you are experiencing prolonged or debilitating fear, seek help sorting out your emotions.
- Getting involved can be a powerful tool for managing fear. Ask yourself how you can contribute to making the world a better place and the changes you think will create a brighter future.
Print or share this flyer.