CLOVERBUD CAMP HELP NEEDED
We are in need of one more 4-H approved volunteer for Cloverbud Camp which takes place on Monday, July 18th from 8A-4P at Menominee Park in Oshkosh. If you are free and want to enjoy some outdoor fun with our youngest 4-H members, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
GET READY FOR SOME 4-H FUN AT THE FAIR!
Aside from having fun prepping and creating your projects for the fair, be sure to check out some of the fun 4-H activities that will be taking place during fair week:
Have a special talent or project you’d like to share on the stage? Sign up for the 4-H Spotlight Stage on Saturday, August 6th from 2-5 PM. What types of acts are we looking for?
- Poetry / Creative Writing
- Magic Tricks
- Comedian Acts
- or just about anything else…
Sign up for one or multiple 10 minute slots: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050c4ca9ad2cabfc1-4hspotlight
YAC Activity Tables
Make a mason jar aquarium with Gabby Hostettler, create tissue flowers with Emily Hunter, make homemade butter with Evan Numrich and try your hand at a LEGO challenge with Brady Kiesow! YAC activity tables will be taking place on Thursday and Friday afternoons in the Expo building. We encourage you to bring a friend who is currently not in 4-H and have some fun! Stay tuned for more info.(Limited supplies – first come, first served)
Do you have a good knowledge of horses and equine science? Stop by the horse area on August 4th at 10AM to participate in the Hippology contest.
4-H Fashion Show
Come and view the fantastic clothing and accessories our clothing youth created in the Expo building at the stage on Wednesday, Aug 3rd at 4PM
Chalk on the Boardwalk
The 4-H Ambassadors will be sponsoring this popular chalk board art contest again! Clubs are encouraged to decorate a chalk board to be judged on Saturday evening. Stay tuned for more info on where to pick up a chalk board and chalk during the fair.
4-H Dog Project Doggy Costume Parade
Come and see our 4-H youth and their adorable dogs dressed up for this fun parade on Thursday, August 4th at 2PM in the afternoon on the pathway behind the Expo building.
4-H Youth Awards Ceremony
This annual awards ceremony will take place on Sunday, August 7th at 11AM in the Expo building.
…and of course don’t forget to stop by the Dipper for ice-cream and also try your luck at the 4-H Basket Raffle in the Expo building!
BASKET RAFFLE TABLE HELP NEEDED
The Winnebago County 4-H Leaders Association needs your help at the 4-H Basket Raffle during the county fair located in the Expo building. Please consider signing up for one or more shifts. It’s fun and it’s in an AIR CONDITIONED building!
Note: Youth are welcome to help monitor the table, but an adult leader must be present with them
It’s time to put together baskets for the 4-H Leaders’ Association Annual Basket Raffle held at the 2021 Winnebago County Fair! We need the support of ALL 4-H clubs to make this year’s raffle a success. Anyone can donate a raffle basket! All clubs are encouraged to donate a theme basket(s) (bath/spa, date night, child-themed, holiday, sports, gardening, camping, birding, cooking, grilling, artist, etc). Don’t forget to contact local businesses or individuals. All are welcome to donate baskets to support 4-H!
Can’t donate an entire basket? Individual items can be combined with other items or placed in baskets by the Basket Raffle Committee. All baskets must be:
- In a container of some kind – basket, tote, bucket, cooler, etc.
- Wrapped in cellophane or a clear plastic bag. Wrapping the basket will keep things clean and help ensure that the contents stay in baskets while on display at the fairgrounds.
- Include a clearly displayed card/sign listing items in basket and thanking any donors
- NO perishable items, alcohol or tobacco products
- Baskets must be dropped off at the Extension Office by noon on Friday, July 29 2022
DIPPER SIGN UP – ALL CLUBS!
We have established the following schedule for the 4-H Dipper at thecounty fair:
Wednesday, 8/3/2022 – 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Thursday, 8/4/2022 – 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Friday, 8/5/2022 – 11:00 AM to 8:30 PM
Saturday, 8/6/2022 – 11:00 AM to 8:30 PM
Sunday, 8/7/2022 – 11:00 AM to 2:30 PM
- We will be using SignUp Genius again to help register volunteers for shifts across the various days of the fair as well as a Dipper Prep and Clean date on Sunday, 7/31/2022 and a Dipper shutdown date on Monday, 8/8/2022.
- Each 4-H Dipper shift will be 2 hours and should consist of 4 Adults/Older Youth (8th Grade and higher) and 4 younger youth (Cloverbuds through 7th grade).
- Responsibilities may vary depending on shift but we would prefer to have adults and older youth handle the cash box, scoop ice cream, make shakes and malts, and help supervise the team during the shift. Younger youth can serve drinks, take orders on the iPAD, and help put toppings on the sundaes.
- The opening and closing shifts will have 30 minutes of time to handle the necessary tasks to either open the dipper in the morning or close down the dipper in the evening. You will see that time as part of the shift descriptions.
- Clubs can sign up for shifts but we ask that the individuals that will be working the shift sign up for their times so we can learn names and know who is coming to help us work the shifts. Remember, the idea of the signups is to add flexibility to YOUR fair schedule. Pick times that will work for you and your family or you and your club and help us out! It is a great opportunity to meet other youth and adults from around the county you may not see on a regular basis.
- Please visit https://tinyurl.com/4abrcuk4 to sign up for your Dipper shifts and if you have any questions, please contact a member of the Dipper committee. We will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. We look forward to working with you at the 2022 Winnebago County Fair!
- Questions?: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
STATE FAIR INFO:
If you are a youth interested in submitting an application for entry, please visit the following link which explains deadlines and what you need to do to take your entries down to state fair park: https://wistatefair.com/competitions/youth-expo/?utm_source=Wisconsin+State+Fair+Exhibitors&utm_campaign=daf9ecef6c-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2022_06_08_06_12&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_eaf6025a90-daf9ecef6c-52851756&mc_cid=daf9ecef6c&mc_eid=0bd29fb0a0