Learn the latest research on sheep and goat production from UW-Madison Division of Extension
The Small Ruminant webinar series, hosted by the UW-Madison Division of Extension, provides a research-driven view of popular sheep production issues that connect sheep and goat producers around the state. This series also connects producers to useful tools, techniques, and tricks of the trade & tips from the field.
Join this monthly webinar via Zoom at 7:30 PM CST on the second Wednesday of January – April.
- January 11
- Getting little ones off to the right start: Tackling pregnancy toxemia and colostrum quality
- Robert Van Saun DVM, MS, Ph.D., Penn State Extension Veterinarian
- February 8
- Weather the ups and downs with the UW-Madison Extension Sheep Operation Enterprise Budget
- Carolyn Ihde and Bill Halfman, UW-Madison Division of Extension Outreach Specialist
- March 8
- Preparation for a successful breeding season
- Dr. Justin Luther, Associate Professor, UW-River Falls
- April 12
- Grilling and eating lamb
- Cody Hiemke
Register now at: go.wisc.edu/FarmReadyResearch
Get the most up-to-date information on dairy and livestock production, forages, and farm management resources from Extension’s Agriculture virtual education offerings. Your farm-ready research! There is no charge to participate in the sessions, but pre-registration is required to allow access. Register online at go.wisc.edu/FarmReadyResearch.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison Extension provides research-based information to help the citizens of Wisconsin make informed decisions based on science. UW-Madison Extension extends the boundaries of the university to the boundaries of the state, helping the people of Wisconsin and beyond access university resources and engage in learning wherever they live or work.
For more information, contact: Carolyn Ihde, 608-326-0223, carolyn.ihde