A 4-H project is an area that you want to learn more about during the 4-H year (similar to a hobby). This is what you sign-up for during enrollment in 4HOnline. There are projects on just about any topic, from art to woodworking, from computers to rabbits, from sewing to small engines. After you sign-up for your project(s), you will explore, study, and learn skills related to you project by using 4-H curriculum, attending project meetings, or participating in project events like 4-H Fun Day. Another tool to help you with your project learning is the 4-H Record Book which helps you reflect on the overall value of your project experience. The Record Book by setting goals, keeping track of your progress, and recording financial information. In August (the end of the 4-H calendar year), you also have the opportunity to take work from your project(s) to the Winnebago County Fair to show off what you have learned throughout the year. What you TAKE to the fair is an “exhibit”. You do not need to exhibit everything you did in your project(s) but are encouraged to pick some of your best accomplishments!
For a complete list of 4-H projects in Winnebago County, please see the 2017-2018 Project Guide.
For information on how 4-H projects align with County Fair Departments see: 4-H Project – Fair Alignment Guide
4-H Project Resources
- To order 4-H Project Curriculum, visit: Shop 4-H (formerly 4-H Mall). You can either purchase project curriculum from the Shop 4-H website or the UW-Extension Office also has project curriculum that can be checked out. Please contact the office for more information
- Visit the Wisconsin 4-H website for project resources: Wisconsin 4-H Project Resource
- UW-Extension Publications are available at: The Learning Store
4-H Fun Day
Winnebago County 4-H Fun Day is an excellent example of youth and adults working together in the 4-H spirit. The mission of 4-H Fun Day is to promote all of the opportunities 4-H has to offer, provide experiences to try new projects, and offer the chance for adults and teen leaders to share their knowledge. 4-H members of all ages, friends, parents and 4-H leaders are welcome to attend!
4-H Project Committees
Winnebago County 4-H has several committees that provide countywide project learning. These groups plan and conduct county-level educational events, activities, and meetings. See information below for active county-wide project committees/leaders.
PLEASE NOTE: The Winnebago County Fair and Meat Animal Board (Beef, Sheep and Swine Projects/Meat Animal Sale at County Fair) are not overseen by the Winnebago County 4-H Program/Coordinator.
The Winnebago County Fair
Meat Animal Board/Meat Animal Sale at County Fair (Beef, Sheep, Swine Projects)
Horse & Pony Project (H&PP)
The purpose of the Winnebago County 4-H Horse and Pony Project shall be to provide education in horse project areas, to promote 4-H activities and provide fellowship to its members. The Horse & Pony Project is led by a Board of Directors who are elected annually and consist of adult and youth 4-H Leaders.
Expectations for H&PP members:
- All members are expected to treat other members, leaders and their animals with proper respect and consideration.
- All members are responsible for knowing and following the rules and regulations as set forth in the Horse & Pony Project Handbook (above) and in the Winnebago County Fair book (if showing at the Fair).
- Active participation in county wide educational opportunities and fund raising events is encouraged!
- An adult (parent, relative, club or project leader) will accompany youth members younger than 12 to horse project activities.
2019 Winnebago County 4-H Horse & Pony Project
Saturday, March 9th, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Sunnyview Expo Center (Fairgrounds), 500 E. County Rd. Y, Oshkosh, WI 54901
For more information:
Tack Sale Chairman
4-H Members & Leaders who are soliciting donations for the Raffle: Use this letter as a receipt to give individuals/businesses for their donation.
H & P Scholarship
Information and applications for the 2018 Horse & Pony Project Scholarship is listed below. Please note the due date for all applications is June 1, 2018.
For information on the Winnebago County 4-H Dairy project, please contact Linda Derber at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Dairy Project Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/winnebagowisdairy/
For information on community dairy-related events (not sponsored by 4-H), see our Agriculture section at: https://winnebago.extension.wisc.edu/agriculture/dairy-and-livestock/
Would you like to become a volunteer for the Shoot Sports Project? Please click below for current opportunities and what those positions entail.
Alert: We have a severe Peanut Allergy within our Shooting Sports participants. We are asking all parents and shooters to refrain from bringing ANYTHING containing peanuts/nuts or peanut butter for snacks. As a leadership group we will make certain that our treats / bullseye prizes and raffle snacks are free from peanuts but I need to have all parents make sure nothing comes in from home as it can transfer from the child to a bow or a table. Thank you in advance for your understanding and your cooperation.
Forms for shooting sports:
Swine Project – Financial Support
- Wisconsin Pork Association – Youth Pig Project Support (Due 2-1-19)
- Saddle & Sirloin Club Beginning Swine Project Member Support (Due 4/18/18)