Just starting out in Photography or looking for some tips & tricks to make your photos even better? Check out these resources provided by Winnebago County 4-H Leader Kim Hoffman. These fundamental photography tips can help you take your photographs to the next level.
Check out these Photography Tip sheets from our meetings!
4-H Project Curriculum
This curriculum was published NEW in 2019. Available for checkout from the Extension Office or for purchase from “Shop 4-H”
For more information about Winnebago County 4-H Photography project, contact 4-H Extension Staff.
Attention Winnebago County photographers!
Join us in 2019-2020 for our county-wide photography project meetings.
All ages welcome!
- Cloverbuds should bring an adult
- Parents of any age youth are welcome to participate and learn with us
- All participants should bring a camera (phone, point and shoot, DSLR, anything goes).
Our previously scheduled meetings have been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Ideas for what you can do instead:
- Please see the “Tip Sheets” above for practice you can do at home. The Tip Sheets were created by Kim Hoffman, our Winnebago County 4-H Leader specifically for use during our photography classes. (email@example.com or 920-233-4575)
- SHOP 4-H published NEW Photography curriculum in 2019. Kim has reviewed the curriculum and says it is AWESOME! See SHOP 4-H: https://shop4-h.org/collections/creative-arts-curriculum
Wednesday, June 17 ~ 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Location TBD
Topic: Fair Prep (spend an hour taking photos, then learn how to choose and prep the right photos for fair)
Saturday, May 30 ~ 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM@ Menominee Park Zoo – Oshkosh
Topic: Take Photos! Use the skills you’ve learned to get some awesome photos at the Zoo!
Saturday, April 25 ~ 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM@ JPCC (James P Coughlin Center, 625 E County Rd Y, Oshkosh)
Topic: Catch-up (Get caught up on any of our previous topics: Rule of Thirds, Point of View, Leading Lines, Camera Settings, Portrait Photography or just come to take photos!)
Monday, March 23 ~ 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM@ JPCC (James P Coughlin Center, 625 E County Rd Y, Oshkosh)
Topic: Portrait Photography
- February – Join us at 4-H Fun Day this month!
- Saturday, January 11 ~ 11:00 AM -12:00 NOON @ JPCC (James P Coughlin Center, 625 E County Rd Y, Oshkosh)
Topic: Camera Settings for All Devices
- Saturday, December 7 2019 ~ 11:00 AM -12:00 NOON @ JPCC (James P Coughlin Center, 625 E County Rd Y, Oshkosh)
Topic: Leading Lines
- Saturday, October 26 2019 ~ 10:30 – 11:30 AM @ JPCC (James P Coughlin Center, 625 E County Rd Y, Oshkosh)
Topic: Point of view
- Monday, September 23rd 2019 ~ 6-7 PM @ JPCC (James P Coughlin Center, 625 E County Rd Y, Oshkosh)
Topic: Rule of thirds
To help in planning, please register for these workshops in 4HOnline. Workshops with low registration may be cancelled. Need assistance? Contact the Extension Office (920) 232-1974.