Dodge, Fond du Lac, Manitowoc and Winnebago Counties invite you to participate in the 2020 Fashion Revue. All 4-H members in the clothing, crocheting, knitting, Cloverbud, and Exploring projects are invited to participate in the upcoming four County Fashion Revue.
Monday, June 15, 2020
Place: ZOOM Video Conferencing (you will receive connection info after registering in 4HOnline)
Time: Check-in on ZOOM will begin at 5:30 pm and the show at 6:00 pm.
Register in 4HOnline: https://wi.4honline.com/
Registration Deadline June 1
- Participants can enter up to six items: Garment for Self AND Garment for Other in each category: clothing, knitting, & crocheting
- During the fashion revue each entry/garment will be modeled by the youth who made it (garment for self) or their guest (garment for others).
- Watch this video for a modeling demonstration and what to expect during a ZOOM Fashion Revue.
- A ZOOM practice session will be scheduled after June 1 for those that are interested.
- As with an in-person Fashion Revue, youth will share their knowledge about how they constructed the garment with the judge. Participants will be graded on the garment itself, their creativity in the project, and the overall appearance of the garment on the model. Check out the Fashion Revue Score Card.
- During registration, youth will need to provide a narrative about each garment they are entering. Narratives should be about 45 seconds in length (about 150 words), and will be read while the garment is being modeled at the Revue.
Try to answer the following questions when writing your narrative:
• Where will you wear this garment?
• Why did you choose the accessories you will use?
• What did you learn while constructing this garment?
• List other garments completed or other sewing projects.
• List interests, family, 4-H club, school, and age.
Chrissy Clover will definitely stand out at the fair this year. While everyone else is riding rides and playing games, she will be reporting the news in this linen, off-white suit. This semi-fitted flared jacket has front & back princess seams. The jacket has buttoned closure and is lined. The pullover top is sleeveless with a dart on each side. The skirt has back darts, waistband, back zipper, and a hemline slit. The pearl necklace and earrings help to add an extra special look to the outfit. A five-year member of the Clover Club, Chrissy is very active in Horses and Photography. Her parents are George and Georgia Clover. Chrissy attends Theisen Middle School. In her free time, she enjoys reading, singing, and having fun!
Feel free to contact Sara Kolell, email@example.com (Winnebago County 4-H Leader) or your county’s 4-H Program Coordinator with questions about the Fashion Revue.