Coordinating and providing training and educational workshops for newly elected local government officials and those who continue to serve their communities.
Extension’s Community Development Educators work with the respective Outagamie and Winnebago Town’s Association and with local governments to provide as needed resources and educational programs, so please reach out if you have any questions or ideas.
Resources for Local Government:
- COVID-19 Resources for Local Officials (provided by UW-Madison Division of Extension)
- Division of Extension – Local Government Education Website
Extension’s Local Government Education Team provides workshops, information, research, training and tools for local government officials while expanding the knowledge base. We build capacity in communities through instruction that:
- Helps new officials understand their roles and responsibilities as public officials in Wisconsin.
- Develops the abilities of new and continuing officials to fulfill their roles and responsibilities.
- Builds collaborations between Extension educators and local officials.
- Provides current information on topics and practices that affect communities.
- Helps officials fulfill requirements when statutes require specific instruction such as Board of Review.
- Wisconsin Counties Association
- Wisconsin Towns Association
- League of Wisconsin Municipalities
- Contact a Winnebago County Extension Educator: Staff Directory
- Return to the Winnebago/Outagamie County Community Development Website
- Check out the Division of Extension (University of Wisconsin-Madison) Community Development Website.