Sources of Strength is…
A best practice youth suicide prevention project designed to harness the power of peer social networks to change unhealthy norms and culture, ultimately preventing suicide, bullying, and substance abuse. The mission of Sources of Strength is to prevent suicide by increasing help seeking behaviors and promoting connections between peers and caring adults. Sources of Strength moves beyond a singular focus on risk factors by utilizing an upstream approach for youth suicide prevention. This upstream model strengthens multiple sources of support (protective factors) around young individuals so that when times get hard they have strengths to rely on.
- For more information on the National Program…
- For more information on the Local Program…
Resources for Schools, Educators & Adult Advisors
- Educator Self-Care Checklist (Quarantine Version): While each of us is having an individual and unique experience during the COVID-19 pandemic, we all have the same critical need to take care of ourselves. I hope you find this self-care checklist helpful.
- COVID Resources: At this website, you will find a list of resources that we have created as schools move to an online format in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. We hope that in these unusual times these resources will be a source of Hope, Help and Strength to you and your team.
- Virtual and Physical Distance Resources: On this website, you will find a variety of tools for you to use to navigate Pre-Training and Training and run Meetings and Campaigns in a physical distance or virtual setting.
- Adult Advisors: We know you are busy. And we know that you don’t always have time to come up with new ideas for your follow up meetings. That’s why we have worked hard to put together a host of resources to help make your Sources of Strength initiative as successful as possible.
- Field Guide: One of the most fundamental tools for Sources of Strength adult advisors is the Field Guide. Inside you will find all kinds of things to help make your job easier. From activities to keep peer leaders engaged, to templates for messaging activities, to a directory of more than 30 games! Take the time to read through and utilize the ideas within.
- Campaign Materials
- Video Library
- Branding Resources: On this website, you’ll find copies of our logo and strengths wheel for you to use in campaigns and advertisements.
- Join the N.E.W. (North East Wisconsin) Sources of Strength Group on Facebook
- Follow us for more ideas and inspiration!
- Instagram: @SourcesofStrength
- Twitter: @SourcesStrength
- Facebook: /SourcesofStrength
- Website: SourcesofStrength.org