4-H Key Award
4-H Key Award is the highest 4-H recognition you can receive. 4-H Key Award applicants must have consistent 4-H growth, be in 11th grade or older, must have completed at least 3 years of 4-H and 1 year of youth leadership and contributed to service to their club, community, and county. The Key Award and Academic Scholarships (for post-high school education) are a combined application. Youth can apply for just one or both, depending on their eligibility.
- 4-H Key Award/Academic Scholarship Application
4-H Youth Awards Ceremony • Sunday, August 8, 2021
11:00 AM • Expo Building, Winnebago County Fairgrounds
The 4-H Awards Ceremony primarily recognizes youth leaders and their accomplishments throughout the past 4-H Year, including the announcement of the Key Award Winners (see above for more info). Graduates from the program are also recognized.
- The 2020 Youth Awards Ceremony was cancelled due to COVID-19 precautions. Youth will be recognized during the Drive-Thru Family Banquet this year (more information below).
- Awards Program 2019
4-H Family Banquet & Leader Recognition
Saturday, October 10, 2020, 3-5pm
The Banquet will be Drive-Thru Style this year!
The Fall Family Banquet provides an opportunity for 4-H families to celebrate the accomplishments of the last year and re-connect with friends across the county. The Leader Recognition & Awards program recognizes primarily Adult Volunteers and their contribution to the 4-H Program. Annual Elections for the Leaders’ Association Board take place.
- View the Banquet Invite for all the details.
- Purchase your Boxed Meal (credit card payment ONLY): https://winnebago4hleaders.square.site/
Meal Purchase DEADLINE: September 24 (payments will NOT be accepted at the event)
- 2020 Award Ceremony Changes: Adult Leader Recognition has been cancelled for 2020.
Youth will be recognized during the Drive-Thru Banquet this year (instead of the Youth Ceremony traditionally held during County Fair).
- LEADERS’ BOARD ELECTIONS WILL TAKE PLACE ONLINE THIS YEAR.
If you don’t have online access, please contact the Extension Office at (920) 232-1974 for an absentee ballot.
- Past Award Ceremony/Recipient Information:
The Winnebago County 4-H Leaders’ Association awards up to three $500 scholarships to current 4-H members who are highschool seniors. This includes one scholarship from the Judith Gruszynske Memorial (Oshkosh Area Community Foundation), and two from the Winnebago County 4-H Board of Directors. There is also one scholarship for $300 (Paul Stevenson Memorial) available.
Scholarships are available to 4-H members who meet the following requirements: must have been a 4-H member for at least 5 years, must have exhibited at the fair, must have displayed an active leadership role, must graduate from high school, must attend college, technical college, university or a special education program either full-time or part-time, tuition costs must be at least $500, and student must achieve a 2.0 or higher GPA after their first semester.
The Academic Scholarships (for post-high school education) and Key Award are a combined application. Youth can apply for just one or both, depending on their eligibility.
- 4-H Key Award/Academic Scholarship Application
- Application Deadline: by 4:30pm the last Thursday of February
- Applicants will need to complete an interview – date and time TBD
- Applicants will be notified of final results by May 1.
- Congratulations to our 2019 Scholarship Recipients
Winnebago County Master Gardeners’ Association Scholarship
The Winnebago County Master Gardeners would like to provide a nonrenewable $1,000.00 scholarship opportunity to a high school senior. Please see the Master Gardener Association website for more details: http://www.winnebagomastergardeners.org/Scholarship.html
Deadline: Applications must be postmarked by March 2, 2020.
Over $15,000 will be awarded to support higher learning for accomplished 4-H youth.
The Wisconsin 4-H Foundation will award more than $15,000 in scholarships to outstanding Wisconsin students pursuing higher education in 2020. To be considered for financial support, applications must be received by the Wisconsin 4-H Foundation via email by Monday, March 16, 2020, 5:00 pm.
Wisconsin 4-H Foundation scholarships are awarded to students based on demonstrated personal growth, development and leadership, academic performance and future educational goals. To be eligible for Wisconsin 4-H Foundation scholarships students must have been a Wisconsin 4-H member for at least three years; have a grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale, and be enrolled or planning to enroll at a university, college or technical school during the 2020-2021 academic school year. Scholarship winners from previous years are not eligible to receive a second 4-H Foundation scholarship.
- For More Information & Application: http://wis4hfoundation.org/scholarships/
CHS Larsen Cooperative Scholarship
Ensuring a strong future for agriculture is the primary goal of CHS Larsen Cooperative scholarships. CHS Larsen Cooperative will be offering graduating high school seniors and currently enrolled post high school education students a chance to apply for up to $20,000 in scholarships. In order to qualify for these scholarships, the parents, parent, guardian, or individual applicant must be a patron (with a personal or business account number, cash account #000019 is not accepted) of CHS Larsen Cooperative. They must have purchased at least $3,000 worth of goods or services from CHS Larsen Cooperative from in the last calendar year. For more information:
- CHS Larsen Cooperative Scholarship Information (Deadline: March 13, 2020 at 5pm)
The Wisconsin State Fair Dairy Promotion Board is offering $1,000 scholarships to students that will be third or fourth year college students during the 2019-20 academic year. Any Wisconsin resident who is currently enrolled as a full-time student at a four-year Wisconsin school and is pursuing a dairy-related or food science degree is eligible for scholarship consideration. PREVIOUS RECIPIENTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY. All applicants are required to submit an application electronically as a PDF no later than MARCH 20, 2020.
Winnebago County Board of Supervisors’ Scholarship
The Winnebago County Board Scholarship Program is offered to all high school seniors who reside in Winnebago County and plan to attend a post-secondary educational institution. The Scholarship Program was developed “To promote good citizenship and an awareness and understanding of county government”. Up to nine $1,000 scholarships will be awarded in 2020.
Scholarship applicants must complete and submit an application form and write a 500-800 word essay addressing the question: “If I were to run for any Winnebago County office, which position would I run for and why?”
Application Deadline: March 23, 2020
For more information and applications: https://www.co.winnebago.wi.us/county-board/winnebago-county-board-scholarship-program
The 4‑H Youth in Action Program recognizes four confident young leaders with diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives in our core pillar areas: agriculture, civic engagement, healthy living and STEM.
Each Pillar Winner will experience an exciting year of telling their 4‑H story and celebrating their leadership.
- $5,000 higher education scholarship
- Promotional video showcasing their 4‑H impact story
- All-expenses paid trip to Washington, D.C. for National 4‑H Council’s Legacy Awards
- Networking opportunities with 4‑H celebrities and other prominent alumni
- Recognition as the official 4‑H youth spokesperson for their pillar
One Pillar Winner will be selected as the 4‑H Youth in Action National Award Winner and will receive an additional higher education scholarship.
- Be 4-H member/recent alum of any type of 4-H program in the U.S.
- Be between ages 15-19. Applicants must turn 15 by the application deadline and should not
have turned 20 before January 1, 2019.
Submission Deadline: April 27, 2020 For more information and application: https://4-h.org/parents/4-h-youth-in-action-awards/
Winnebago County 4-H Horse & Pony Project Scholarship for Secondary Education
The Winnebago County 4-H Horse & Pony Project awards a minimum of two $500 scholarships to current project members.
- Student must be enrolled in the Horse or Horseless Horse Project as of January 31 of the scholarship award year.
- Student must graduate from high school as of the scholarship award year.
- Student must attend College, Technical College, University, or a special education post- secondary program either full time or part time in the scholarship award year.
- Tuition costs must be at least the amount of the scholarship to receive the entire scholarship.
Horse Project Scholarship Application – Class of 2020
Deadline: Must be postmarked on or before June, 1 2020
Wisconsin Pork Association Scholarship
The Wisconsin Pork Association Scholarship is awarded to high school seniors pursuing post-high school education. Preference is given to individuals who have been involved in, and posses a sincere interest in, the pork industry.
- Applicants must possess a sincere interest in the pork industry
- All applicants must pursue post-high school education, i.e. college, vocational school, or short course.
- Only seniors enrolled in a Wisconsin high school are eligible to apply.
Application deadline is December 2, 2019 to: WPA, PO Box 327, Lancaster, WI 53813
For more information: http://www.wppa.org/wisconsin-pork-association-scholarship/
The Chancellor’s and Powers-Knapp Scholarship Programs at the University of Wisconsin-Madison were established to attract, support and develop the abilities and potential of academically talented and outstanding individuals from underrepresented groups.
The program is seeking youth to apply from rural and farming communities that are planning to apply to attend UW-Madison for the 2020-2021 academic year. Scholars benefit from individualized advising, a supportive peer network, leadership development, mentorship opportunities, and more. In addition to the structured support provided by the programs, Scholars also receive a competitive financial award.
- The deadline for students wishing to attend next fall is Tuesday, February 4th, 2020
- More information and application details available here: https://cspks.wisc.edu/.