Winnebago County 4-H camps provide unique educational opportunities that offer all youth a place to discover, learn and grow while developing valuable leadership and citizenship skills.
2023 Summer Camp Dates: June 27-30th at Upham Woods
Looking for Camp Counselors
Are you currently a 4-H youth in grades 9-13?
Do enjoy working with youth grades 3-8?
Do you have 4-H Leadership Experience?
Becoming a 4-H Summer Camp Counselor is a big responsibility,but it sure is FUN!
What is required to apply for a 4-H Camp Counselor position?
- Completed application, references and an interview
- If selected, monthly camp counselor trainings are required January through June
What do we look for when selecting a camp counselor?
- Experience caring for or mentoring youth
- Leadership experience (i.e. how did you do as a past Cloverbud counselor or other experience as a leader within your club?)
- Leadership qualities such as accountability, compassion, dependability and active participation in planning
- If you’ve been to 4-H camp as a camper, did you follow the rules, help others, participate willingly and have a great attitude?
Camp Counselor Applications Due to the Extension Office by: December 2nd
Interviews will take place on December 11th @ JPCC
2022 Cloverbud Camp (K5-2nd grade)
Cloverbud Camp is full of learning and fun. Winnebago County 4-H Cloverbuds in grades K5-2nd, explore 4-H projects around a theme that is planned by youth counselors.
- Counselors: 7th-12th grades
- Campers: K5-2nd grade
- ADULTS – Don’t miss out on the Fun! We are in need of adult volunteers to work with counselors to plan camp and chaperone/lead activities during camp. Please Contact Sarah Thompson if interested in helping out. 920-232-1985 or email@example.com