- Record Books (especially goal setting) should be started in the fall once you’ve enrolled in your projects for the year. The record book helps you set goals for the upcoming year and track your progress.
- Record Books should be completed after the completion of your projects for the year…typically in August. Record Books are due in September – contact your club leader for the specific due date for your club.
- 2020 NEW! We have come up with a simplified record book page that is very basic, yet will allow for some reflection of your 4-H year. We encourage ALL members, to at minimum, complete a 4-H EZ Record Form.
- 4-H EZ Record Form(This is a FILLABLE PDF. See information below for how to use this type of form).
- NOTE: EZ Record Forms are not eligible for the Outstanding Record Book Competition.
- Interested in doing a digital or video record book instead of the traditional paper record book? See the record book home page for guidelines. You may want to use the traditional forms below to help organize your content for a digital or video record book. Check out the 2019 Merit Award Winners for examples of a Digital Record Book.
- Outstanding Record Book Competition
Traditional Record Book Forms:
|Fillable PDF Forms WARNING: If you have not used a fillable PDF before, please test how it works for saving and printing. Fillable PDF’s do not work the same as Word documents do. PDF’s typically need to be downloaded to your own computer (and re-opened from there) BEFORE filling them out. Please do a test before you start so that you do not lose all of your information. There are a couple ways to work with PDF’s based on your browser/computer…here are some tips on how to save PDF Forms to get you started.|
Cover & Main Pages
The documents below include front and back cover, as well as the “main pages” that include table of contents, goals, 4-H story, and comments pages. (Please note that there are blank pages in these documents to allow for printing pages back-to-back).
Record Book Covers Front and Back PDF
(Record Book covers printed on green card stock are available from the Extension Office upon request)
Record Book Main Pages Word Doc
Find your project forms below for your 4-H Record Book.
- It is not necessary to fill out a project page for each of your projects. We suggest picking your top 5 projects to focus on when completing your record book.
- 4-H is more than just PROJECTS! Consider filling out an Educational Travel Record for trips/travel you did (Interstate Exchange, Washington Focus, American Spirit, etc)
- Are you a Club Officer? Were you a Camp Counselor? Did you lead a Project Meeting? Consider filling out a Youth Leadership Record to document these experiences.
- If you did not find your project/4-H experience listed here, please use the “Self-Determined” record page (for as many projects as needed).
- Choose your file(s) and DOWNLOAD to your computer before you start filling them out (see instructions above). Please contact our office if you see an issue with the forms.
Beef – See “Meat Animals”
Educational Travel Record (PDF – not fillable)
Entomology Word Doc
Meat Animals – Please pick the records that will be most helpful for your project level
Other Domestic Animal Word Doc
Sheep – See “Meat Animals”
Swine – See “Meat Animals”