Record Book Tips
- Record Books (especially goal setting) should be started in the fall once you’ve enrolled in your projects for the year. The record book helps you set goals for the upcoming year and track your progress.
- Record Books should be completed after the completion of your projects for the year…typically in August. Record Books are due in September – contact your club leader for the specific due date for your club.
Here are the guidelines on how to put together your record book.
Traditional Record Book Forms:
Cover & Main Pages
The documents below include front and back cover, as well as the “main pages” that include table of contents, goals, 4-H story, and comments pages. (Please note that there are blank pages in these documents to allow for printing pages back-to-back).
Record Book Covers Front and Back PDF
(Record Book covers printed on green card stock are available from the UW-Extension Office upon request)
Record Book Main Pages PDF
Record Book Main Pages Word Doc
Find your project forms below for your 4-H Record Book.
- It is not necessary to fill out a project page for each of your projects. We suggest picking your top 5 projects to focus on when completing your record book.
- If you did not find your project listed here, please use the “Self-Determined” record page (for as many projects as needed).
- Choose your file(s) and save to your computer before you start filling them out. Please contact our office if you see an issue with the forms.
Adventures Word Doc Adventures PDF
Aerospace Word Doc Aerospace PDF
Arts & Crafts Word Doc Arts-Crafts PDF
Beef Word Doc Beef PDF
Cat Word Doc Cat PDF
Child Development Word Doc Child-Development PDF
Clothing Word Doc Clothing PDF
Communications Word Doc Communications PDF
Computer Word Doc Computer PDF
Consumer Savvy Word Doc Consumer-Savvy PDF
Crops Word Doc Crops PDF
Dairy Word Doc Dairy PDF
Dog Word Doc Dog PDF
Electricity Word Doc Electricity PDF
Entrepeneurship Word Doc Entrepeneurship PDF
Entomology Word Doc
Exotic Animals Word Doc Exotic-Animals PDF
Exploring Word Doc Exploring PDF
Flowers & Vegetables Word Doc Flowers-Vegetables PDF
Food & Nutrition- Food Preservation Word Doc Food-Nutrition-Food-Preservation PDF
Geospatial Word Doc Geospatial PDF
Goat Word Doc Goat PDF
Health Word Doc Health PDF
Home Environment Word Doc Home-Environment PDF
Horse-Pony Word Doc Horse-Pony PDF
Horseless Horse Word Doc Horseless-Horse PDF
House Plants Word Doc House-Plants PDF
Knitting-Crocheting Word Doc Knitting-Crocheting PDF
Model Horse Word Doc Model-Horse PDF
Music Word Doc Music PDF
Other Domestic Animal Word Doc
Personal Finance Word Doc Personal-Finance PDF
Pet Word Doc Pet PDF
Photography Word Doc Photography PDF
Plant Craft Word Doc Plant-Craft PDF
Poultry Word Doc Poultry PDF
Rabbit Word Doc Rabbit PDF
Robotics Word Doc Robotics PDF
Scale Model Word Doc Scale-Model PDF
Science-Discovery Word Doc Science Discovery Fillable PDF
Self-Determined Word Doc Self-Determined PDF
Sheep Word Doc Sheep PDF
Shooting Sports Word Doc Shooting-Sports PDF
Small Engines Word Doc Small-Engines PDF
Swine Word Doc Swine PDF
Theatre Arts Word Doc Theatre-Arts PDF
Tractor Word Doc Tractor PDF
Veterinary Science Word Doc Veterinary-Science PDF
Woodworking Word Doc Woodworking PDF
Workforce Readiness Word Doc Workforce-Readiness PDF
Youth Leadership Word Doc Youth-Leadership PDF