- Clubs set a due date for Record Books in their club (typically in September)
- Clubs leaders (organizational, project, activity, etc.) read books, write comments, and select CLUB OUTSTANDING books.
- Club leaders may read their own books or exchange with another club.
- Readers should provide written comments to the youth on the inside cover of the book or on a comment sheet (if provided by the club).
- Each club may choose to rank their 4-H members books in accordance with their club’s expectations (with the County Guidelines as a reference). Top books from each club will go on for county recognition.
- Each outstanding Record Book at the club level will receive a “Club Achievement” sticker
- Record Books advancing to the county level are due to the Extension office by October 15th
- Record Books will be read by County Extension Staff and evaluated for Outstanding and Merit Awards
- Traditional Record Book COUNTY Reading Checklist
- Digital Record Book COUNTY Reading Checklist
- Video Record Book COUNTY Reading Checklist
- For more information: Outstanding Record Book Review Process
- Award levels are:
- Participation Sticker: All members who submit a record book to their club (traditional, digital, video or the new 4-H EZ Record Form) and that are not forwarded to the county level will receive this award. Note: The new 4-H EZ Record Forms are not eligible for advancement to the county-level.
- Gold Achievement 4-H Club Work Sticker: all record books that club leaders nominate for a County Outstanding Award.
- Gold 4-H Clover Sticker: County Outstanding Award
- Merit Sticker: Exemplary!
- Cloverbud Sticker: Received at the county-level to recognize their participation.
NEW! For 2023 We Are Adding “Best Of” Awards:
Best Cloverbud Record Book(either version accepted)
Best Traditional Record Book: Grades 3-5
Best Traditional Record Book: Grades 6-13
Best Digital Record Book: All Grades
Best Video Record Book: All Grades
Best Secretary Record Book
Best Treasurer Record Book
Best Historian Scrap Book
All “Best Of” winners will receive a $25 gift certificate to https://shop4-h.org