The Winnebago County Association of Home and Community Education is a nonprofit organization that partners with University of Wisconsin-Madison Division of Extension, Human Development & Relationships and Health & Well-Being programs at both the state and county levels to bring quality educational programming to our members and our communities.
HCE offers opportunities for:
- Learning in a social setting
- Sharing what we learn
- Caring to make a difference in our homes, communities, and the world
- To provide continuing education for members and others on issues that will strengthen families and communities.
- To develop and improve leadership skills of members.
- To build coalitions with other organizations and agencies having similar objectives and concerns as WAHCE, Inc.
- To promote friendships and understanding with all people of the world.
The roof of the home symbolizes our past heritage with Extension Homemakers. The letters
make it a suitable logo by the state, county, and club. The house without walls confirms a commitment to membership open to all, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, handicap, or national origin.
Winnebago County HCE Leadership
|Stitches of Love
Winnebago County HCE Scholarship
WACHCE will give a yearly one-time $750 Scholarship (2 maximum) to family members of WCAHCE members. Students who are graduating from high school and students who are now attending and plan to continue in an accredited institution of higher education are potential applicants for the HCE $750 one-time scholarship. Applicant must be a relative of a current member of Winnebago County HCE. The area of interest and school of choice are not restricted. Any exception would need to be approved by the Executive Board (4 officers and Committee Chairs) and Club Presidents.
Winnebago County HCE Stitches of Love
The mission of Stitches of Love is to make headwear, free of charge, for local cancer patients and distribute them through local treatment centers.