Educational Travel Experiences provide opportunities for youth to learn skills and meet new people from beyond the club/county level. Whether you’re interested in developing project-related skills, expanding your leadership abilities, exploring civic engagement, learning about the government, discovering national history or becoming involved in 4-H at a state, national or even international level – there’s an opportunity for you! Traveling with and meeting other 4-Hers is a wonderful Educational Experience that you do not want to miss!
Need help funding one of the amazing opportunities below? The Winnebago County 4-H Leaders’ Association provides sponsorships for many of these great opportunities.
Fundraising and/or Payment Plans can also be used to help fund Travel Experiences. Please contact the Winnebago County 4-H Program Coordinator to arrange one of these options.
State Travel Experiences
- Space Camp (Delegates: Grades 6-8, Counselors: Grades 8-10**)
- American Spirit Experience (Grades 8-10*)
- WI 4-H Youth Conference (Grades 7-10*)
- Leadership Washington Focus (LWF) (Grades 6-8*)
- Citizen Washington Focus (CWF) (Grades 10-12*)
- 4-H National Congress (Grades 10-12**)
- 4-H National Conference (Grades 10-12**)
* at time of registration **at the time of program
Adult advisors (age 21 and over) travel to many different cities across the United States with youth participants in the programs above to serve as mentors, guides, and support for the youth on the programs. Adults are responsible for the well being of all youth participants and must work as a team to ensure that an experience runs smoothly. You can find out more about being an adult advisor on the Wisconsin 4-H Website: https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/wi4hedopp/adult-advisors/
- Art Beat (Grades 3-5)
- Art Camp (Grades 6-8)
- Art Lab (Grades 9-13 & Adults)
- State Teams (Drama Company, Art Team, Communication Team) (Grades 9-13)
- Fall Forum (Grades 7-13 & Adults)
Fall Forum is an opportunity for youth and adult leaders to attend the statewide training weekend with county and state staff. Planned by a team of youth and adult volunteers from the Wisconsin 4-H Leaders Council with the support of county and state staff
- Wisconsin Leadership Council (WLC) (Grades 9-11 & Adults)
The Wisconsin 4-H Leadership Council (WLC) provides a statewide forum for youth and adult volunteer leaders to discuss ideas and provide input to enhance UW-Extension 4-H Youth Development programs at the state, county and local levels. WLC members:
- Serve as leaders and role models for 4-H youth and adults
- Advocate for Wisconsin 4-H
- Provide input for enhancing the 4-H program
- Provide educational opportunities to 4-H members and leaders
- Connect the county, regional and state levels of Wisconsin 4-H, as well as the Wisconsin 4-H Foundation
Wisconsin 4-H International Programs
Wisconsin 4-H International Programs emphasizes the 4-H values of belonging and understanding through international exchange. In today’s ever changing world the skill of global citizenship becomes more and more important all the time. Help the youth in your community build bridges and connect with others from around the world!
- Homestay Abroad
- Host for One Month
- Host for an Academic Year